What to Do When Gravity Plays Havoc With Your Breasts
You may have noticed that your breasts aren’t as perky as they used to be. Perhaps it may be due to having nursed a baby, gained weight, lost weight or just getting older. Unfortunately, as we age gravity loosens the firmness of the breast tissues and the lobules inside the breast also thin out. Whatever the case may be we don’t like the saggy look and would like to do something about it. Here a few suggestions to try to remedy the situation.
- Make sure your bra fits properly and gives the necessary support
- Wear the appropriate sports bra when working out. You can avoid some sagging by wearing the correct exercise attire.
- Use massage oil or lotion on your breasts regularly, especially after showering. This is needed because collagen and elastin are produced less by the skin as we age. Keeping your skin hydrated helps to keep it firm.
- Try doing twenty push-ups daily to tone the chest wall muscle. Or, if you don’t want to get on the floor, you can do push-ups against the wall which will give you the extra benefit of toning your arms.
- Good posture is important. Keep your back straight, your spine aligned, your shoulders relaxed and your chin parallel to the ground. This helps to lift sagging breasts naturally with hardly any effort involved.
- Stand straight with your hands clasped together at about chest height. Using a 10 count, press hands together with even pressure, count to five and release for five. Press for 5 counts and release. You should feel this exercise right on the pectoral area of the chest. Start with 10 reps and work up to 20 reps every other day.