Striking it out on your own can feel scary. However, you should never be afraid to start your own company. Small businesses are flourishing. Did you know: That Forbes estimates that 50% of the working population works in a small business; and 44% of the country’s payroll (US) are from small businesses. Therefore, now is a great time to get in on the small company bounty. Read on to learn small business tips, the top ten ways to be successful!
Small Business Tips: Top Ten Ways to Be Successful
Did you promise yourself to be a new you during the new year? Well now is the time to keep that vow! Never be fearful to branch out and be your own boss. Here’s a few expert tips to get you started:
1. You can’t do it alone, successful businesses include great business relationships so build them well.
2. Focus on providing benefits to your customers, once they see true value in you they will become more invested in your products.
3. Realize that mistakes happen and you will be met with the word “no.” Learn from them and allow it to help you mold a better strategy.
4. Do something you truly enjoy, if YOU don’t even like what you’re doing you will not stick to it.
5. Tackle your toughest projects in the morning when you’re fresh.
6. Be visible, put yourself out there in front of the cameras so a face can be put with your brand.
7. When making goals for your business always remember to be S.M.A.R.T.-Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-Bound.
8. Don’t skimp on quality. It best to have less products or less posts online than a whole bunch of spammy looking content.
9. Develop a business plan, doing so will give you more focus and a clearer direction on where you want and need to head.
10. Monitor your peformance; always look at your successes and failures regularly. Allows you to know what you should do more of as well as avoid or change in the future.
Small Business Tips: Using Social Media Marketing Successfully
Social media is great avenue for attracting people to your company and services. However, it can be quite a beast to tackle. Competition is coming from all over the world and now many of these platforms are owned by bigger conglomerates; who in turn make gaining visibility harder because they want you to pay for ads.
Nevertheless, do not let that deter you in any way. Always remember that a little know-how can go a long way. Learning how each platform works can help you decide which ones will be the best for your business.
Moreover, stick to only 2-3 social networks and get proficient at working them. In order to be seen and grow you MUST be consistent. Having too many platforms to post on can cause a small business owner to feel strethed thin and begin to give out from frustration. Do not allow that to be true of you. Here is a super cool graphic developed by Filmora. Created by using a number of reliable sources; it clearly shows how to use each social network platfrom to your advantage through a series of pros and cons.
**Want Even More Business as well as Lifestyle News, Insights as well as Trends? Download Our New Shiny App! Click HERE**
Thoughts on Small Business Tips: Top Ten Ways to Be Successful? Well let’s connect then! Join the discussion and talk all things business as well as lifestyle related with us by dropping a comment like its hot down low. Or also hit us up on our Facebook, Instagram (1966mag), Tumblr, Pinterest or tweet us @1966magazine.