Songstress Kelly Rowland teamed up with celebrity hair stylist Kim Kimble to recreate iconic looks. This particular hairstyle was inspired by the beautiful Sade who famously wore her hair pulled back into a sleek braid. Here is a little visual evidence of Sade’s fab hair look:
As you can see Sade gave great face as she rocked her hair down-to-there twist braid. Rowland’s recreated look is just as gorgeous and can be fashioned at home in just a few steps!
First, if you do not have the length as my mother always said, “Fake it until you make it.” There is no shame with extensions, here in L.A. basically all women have them. It’s just important that it looks nice and well kept. Here are a few great options available now at amazon:
Kanekalon Jumbo Braid Extension Hair $3.99
Sassy Kanekalon Jumbo Braid Jet Black $2.59
Now that you got the hair it is now time to put everything together and create the hairstyle! Here is how:
1. Apply an alcohol free gel or pomade to tresses and brush strands back until smooth then secure with a hair tie.
2. Use a second hair tie to anchor extensions to the created ponytail.
3. Grab a small portion of the hair then wrap the section around the hair ties in order to camouflage them. Use bobby pins to lock the wrapped section of hair in place.
4. Twist the ponytail hair then secure the end of the twisted braid with one more hair tie.
5. Mist hair with a light hair oil for shine as well as a light hairspray to keep the style in place.