So you bought your set of amazing candles; they’re fab and totally going to get a ton of likes once posted; HOWEVER, after the matches and flashes then what? Do you know Candle Care tips that will help you get the most out of your candle collection? If you do, great! Refresh your memory with this article or if you are new to the awesome world and realm of candles read on to learn all you need to know!
Candle Care -Tips for Caring for your Fabulous Candle Collection!
Now of course, there are a TON of helpful tips to consider when it comes to candles; however, the ones below are definitely efficient in getting you started. They cover everything from plate burning to keeping your clothes clean as well as how to reuse candles properly.
Caring For Your Candles
- Try not to put the candle in the sun or hold it in your hands for a long time; ELSOLALUNAs candles are very sensitive to heat and can start to melt before your eyes.
- Before lighting a candle (when using it again), be sure to cut the wick a little bit so that you will avoid an unpleasant smell for the first moments; it is the decayed wick that distorts the scent of your favorite candle.
- Also, if the candle crackles, the wick does not burn out, it is charring, the candle must be extinguished, and the wick cut off again.
- If you choose to burn a candle on a plate or other stand and cannot easily clean it. Here’s a easy trick: Just pop the item in the freezer for about 10 min, and the wax will come off straight away.
- Lastly, if wax accidentally gets on your clothes or furniture, don’t worry, just wipe the surface with hot water and a little bit of soap; even strong detergents are not needed.
Candle Safety First Loves -Don’t Burn Down the House Baby Girl!
Yes, candles are SO relaxing and great elements to add to your home decor to add more luxurious flair. But you still want to be careful! Home fires aren’t cute… or fun. So here’s a few tips to stay stylish and safe!
- Always burn candles in a well ventilated area.
- Keep burning times to just 3-4 hours at a time.
- Never leave a candle unattended or around young children. Trust, the temptation will be great for them (Lol). Try keeping your candles higher up where little hands can’t reach.
- For optimal burning, prior to burning your candle, trim the wick at least ¼ inch.
- Do your best to keep the pool of wax free of wick trimmings and any debris at all times.
- For additional safety and to protect surfaces; always place the candle on a stable, heat-resistant surface.
- Also, avoid drafts, vents or air currents to prevent blowing the flame towards unwanted areas.
There you have it! Candles are great items for you and your home; but they do require a little maintenance as well as a watchful eye. Keep these candle care tips in mind and you’ll be a candle wielding pro in no time!
**Want Even More Fashion News, Insights as well as Trends? Download Our New Shiny App! Click HERE**
Thoughts on Candle Care -Tips for Caring for your Fabulous Candle Collection!? Well let’s connect then! Join the discussion and talk all things fashion as well as celebrity related with us by dropping a comment like its hot down low. Or also hit us up on our Facebook, Instagram (1966mag), Tumblr, Pinterest or tweet us @1966magazine.