Are you tired of paying hundreds of dollars to have your hair dyed, cut and styled at the salon? Why should you pay so much to have someone else do it when you can do it yourself?
If you have never dyed hair before, you may worry that you will not be able to do it correctly. Well relax, as long as you follow the steps diligently, you can do the job with ease and in the right manner.
The first step is to purchase the color dye of your choice. You can get hair dye from a beauty supply store or department stores.
You may want to purchase boxed dye, but there are other creams that you can mix together on your own too. After choosing the color that you want for your hair and selecting the specific dye, you might want to grab a few extra supplies to make the process a bit easier.
What might you need?
- Consider buying a few hair clips, so that you can separate your hair into sections and keep them apart.
- You may also want to buy an applicator brush, so that you can apply the dye directly to your hair without using your fingers.
- It would be a good idea to purchase a plastic mixing bowl for the dye.
When you have everything that you need, start to mix the dye and then sit in front of the mirror so that you can see what you are doing. Wear gloves to keep your hands protected.
Step-By-Step Directions On How To Dye Your Hair
- Use a comb to separate your hair into 4-6 sections. Clip those sections of your hair apart from one another and work on one at a time.
- Dip your applicator brush directly into the dye and then apply it over the strands of your hair. Make sure that you start with the bottom of your hair because your roots will be able to change their color much faster.
- Continue applying dye to strands of your hair until you get to the very top of your head.
- Add a layer of dye to your roots and work your way down to the ends to ensure that you have fully covered every spot of hair.
- Place a plastic cap over your hair to prevent the dye from dripping onto your clothes.
- Wait 30-45 minutes or as recommended on the box before rinsing your hair out with a moisturizing conditioner.
- Squeeze out the excess water, blow dry your hair and then have a look at the amazing color.
Now, wasn’t that easy!