Let’s get right to it, do you really need to hydrate your skin? Yes, proper hydration is key to having and maintaining youthful and fresh looking skin. Of course, drinking plenty of water is essential to achieving this, but nature has its way of helping too.
- Cucumbers are a natural remedy that can be used to moisturize as well as soothe skin.
- Combine and blend together cucumbers and purified water until they form a nice thick paste.
- Next, add a few drops of essential oil such as peppermint or neroli and mix well.
- Lastly, apply this hydration packed mixture to your skin daily or when your skin could use a moisturizing boost.
To keep your face hydrated for glowing healthy skin, there are a couple of simple tricks that can be life-changing, according to Alicia Suggs, The L.A. Glow.
- The easiest way to hydrate your skin is to keep your body hydrated from the inside. Drinking water is the simplest beauty savior for dehydrated skin. Up your daily dose of H2O by drinking plenty of water (80 ounces per day) and soon you’ll notice a difference in your natural face complexion.
- Moisturizing daily is essential for soft, glowing, supple skin. Be sure to use a moisturizer or serum every night before going to bed.
Does your skin need a serum or a moisturizer to hydrate your skin?
This is where the layering effect comes into play – while an antioxidant serum works to repair skin cells and combat free radicals, a moisturizer acts to prevent the evaporation of moisture and provides a physical barrier to protect the skin from environmental irritants and makeup particles.
Serums can be used both morning and night to address specific skin issues more effectively than a moisturizer alone, and will also boost the hydrating effects of your moisturizer. Ensure your serum contains antioxidants to provide protection from environmental damage.
As a reminder, your skin will remain hydrated if you use the tips above for radiant, healthy skin. Oh, and don’t forget to drink a tall glass of water!