The hardest part of losing weight or maintaining it is controlling your cravings. Everywhere you look from social media to TV; there’s ads and photos of 6 layer burgers, donuts with cereal on top and stylized plates of 8 portions of dinner. It’s enough to make your spoons spin and forks jump off a cliff! However, the beautiful thing is that if you consume enough fiber; you gain a real edge in the weight loss and fitness game. Which is why a fiber diet to lose weight is not only super popular, but a bonafide necessity.
You see fiber has the ability to not only help keep you feeling fuller longer; but also help you stave off another weight loss enemy… constipation. If your body is not removing waste in the way it should you could de-rail all of your efforts to be a fitter, better you. Consequently, constipation is being dubbed as one of the worst metabolism disorders of all that can totally kill and put a wedge in your weight loss goals. No Bueno.
Fiber Diet to Lose Weight – 6 Easy Ways to Consume all You Need
As one can see, if you can’t feel fuller longer or you jack up your metabolism; your weight loss could come to a complete halt. If not go backwards. Therefore, it’s important to consume plenty of fiber. Here are a few other benefits that are derived from a rich fiber diet plan:
Lower cholesterol levels.
Decreasing the absorption of fat.
Helps to control blood sugar levels.
Normalizes bowel movements by increasing the weight and size of your stool while softening it.
Also aids in achieving a healthy weight and size.
Fiber Diet to Lose Weight – 6 Easy Ways to Consume all You Need (Continued)
While the FDA may recommend that we all take in between twenty and thirty grams of fiber daily. The fact is, most of us aren’t coming anywhere close to that. So then, today is the today to fix this once and for all. Here are 6 SUPER easy ways to consume all the fiber you need in order to lose weight!
- Gotta Have Your Pops – Eat popcorn, especially air-popped popcorn delivers over an entire gram of fiber per cup. Plus, it is an easy an awesome, fun snack to help tie you over between/after meals; and is a healthy wholegrain.
- Show Some Skin – Most peel the skin on fruits and toss them away like yesterday’s garbage. However, those people are really missing out. The skin on apples, cucumbers, and sweet potatoes; for instance, are loaded with fiber. These peels provide great amounts of roughage needed to help prevent constipation while encouraging healthy digestion.
- Whole Lot Where That Came From – Speaking of fruits as well as veggies, aim to consume whole vegetables and fruits… not juice. This is because eating your fruits instead of drinking them allows you to take in less sugar and more fiber. Score.
- But First, Let Me Take A Veggie – Always include vegetables in your meals and if at all possible eat them first. Why? Well, the proof is in the pudding. Studies have shown that ladies who were provided a salad before a meal ate over 20% more veggies than women who were served salad at a meal in general. Remember, more vegetable intake means more fiber intake; so don’t forget your fiber health and get it in!
- Leave It On Read – Yes, get into the habit of reading food labels so that you can choose foods that contain the best source of fiber. Always flip a product over in order to look to see how many grams of fiber are in a serving. A serving that contains over 2.5 grams is considered a really good source, while 5 grams or more is considered to be excellent.
- Pair Up – Snacking on fiber rich fruits (kiwi, strawberries, apples, oranges, blue berries, etc.) helps to improve your ability to feel full. Plus, you can enjoy even more fullness if you pair these fruits with foods that contain protein or fat; such as cheese or nut butter.
**Want Even More Fitness, Nutrition as well as Health News, Insights as well as Trends? Download Our New Shiny App! Click HERE**
Thoughts on Fiber Diet to Lose Weight – 6 Easy Ways to Consume all You Need? Well let’s connect then! Join the discussion and talk all things fitness, nutrition as well as health related with us by dropping a comment like its hot down low. Or also hit us up on our Facebook, Instagram (1966mag), Tumblr, Pinterest or tweet us @1966magazine.