During the winter season you have to treat your tresses with extra care. Hair care in during this season is about protecting hair from the frigid elements outside and the dry heated air indoors. Here are 5 tips for keeping your tresses healthy throughout winter.
- Put A Cap On It-Freezing winter winds can wreak havoc on your locks. Wearing protective accessories such as hats can shield tresses from the cold, drying winds and prevent hair from becoming dry and brittle.
- Add Some Moisture-outdoor winds take a toll on your hair, so does the dry, artificially heated indoor air. Using a humidifier may help here since it will help increase the moisture of indoor air. This prevents drying out of the hair and skin and prevents hair from becoming brittle and prone to breakage.
- Turn Down the Heat-Using very hot water to shampoo hair is going to dry it out further and will rob the hair and scalp of natural oils and moisture. Therefore, try and keep the water tepid at least for shampooing and rinsing.
- Change Out Products– During winter it is best to change to products that will prevent your locks from losing moisture due to drier air. Be sure to use moisture rich products that have deep conditioning formulations.
- Be Less Electrifying– Static tends to rear its head once temperatures take a dip and can mess with hair manageability. Keep strands in control with a hair detangler, a leave-in conditioner or hair spray.